Looks like people are hiring, I keep getting a lot of job vacancy announcements (hmmm maybe supports my conclusion that business is up)! For those of you who run companies the vacancy probably wont interest you BUT it might be worthwhile to notice how other companies attract talent.
Volunteer Co-ordinator in Malaysia
Be part of a young and dynamic community conservation project based
in the village on the Perhentian Islands. We are looking for someone
who is great with kids and loves to immerse themselves in culture.
The selected person will be expected to lead our international volunteers
in our volunteering programme including English, eco snorkelling and
environmental school clubs, beach cleans, composting and community work.
All staff members and volunteers live in the same house. The Ecoteer
staff, interns and volunteer all live together in Ecoteer House. All
household duties are shared on a rota basis amongst the staff and interns.
PLEASE BE EXPECTED TO LIVE IN A MUSLIM VILLAGE AND YOUR RESPECT FOR
THEIR CULTURE IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE TO THE PROJECT.
A fun loving, bubbly person who is a good team player, confident
swimmer and good with kids. Teaching experience or qualification
is preferred but not essential. The volunteer co-ordinator must
also be approachable for all volunteers at all times. The candidate
should want to teach children aged 8-11 years old and want to organise
programmes for the villagers of the Perhentian village.
1) A team player.
2) Excellent communication skills and confident public speaker.
3) High level of organization and ability to meet deadlines.
4) Knowledge of the work of Ecoteer and marine conservation in Malaysia.
5) Teaching experience and comfortable working with children.
6) Competent in using Microsoft Office.
7) A flexible and adaptive approach.
8) Must be comfortable in accessing assistance for a demanding role.
9) A confident swimmer.
1) Free mixed dorm accommodation at the Ecoteer House in the Perhentian
2) Share a monthly food budget of RM1000 with two other staff during project season (communal eating).
3) 1 day off per week and a block of 4 days off per month during the project season (February to November).
4) RM50 per head given for handling ‘groups’ from schools and corporations (NOT NORMAL VOLUNTEERS).
5) All work related expenses (NOT TRAVEL TO OR FROM MALAYSIA).
6) Shared internet via use of a dongle (not wifi).
7) Written reference letter upon completion of position.
Please visit our website – www.ecoteerresponsibletravel.com/jobs
Perhentian Islands Village. Malaysia.
30th November 2012
Please email your CV/resume with a covering letter explaining why
you are suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
1st April 2012