If you haven’t seen the latest survey PURE did it’s worth a quick read, have a look here for the full report, bullets below: http://www.purelifeexperiences.com/pureinsights.pdf
- Because of this radical paradigm shift, the time when average companies could sell average products to average customers
is at an end. Todays’ business world is aware of this and is therefore rapidly embracing the social media revolution. With
Internet World Stats confirming that Internet browsers spend 11% of their time online on social networking sites, and with
Nielsen stating that the number of Facebook users could soon outrun that of Google users, marketing on social media sites
definitely seems to be the way forward.
- The number of Latina American travellers in the near future is expected to reach half the total number of European travellers and that of
North American travellers. When asked to state specific regions, Experiential Suppliers stated that they expect to welcome an increasing number of
clients mostly from China, Brazil, Russia and Argentina.
- Interestingly, data reveals that 55% of customers are late bookers: they book their itineraries from 0 to 3 months prior to their departure on holiday.
- Experiential Suppliers claim that 89% of a remarkable transformational travel offering is NOT about the price, and Private
Travel Designers confirm that over 85% of their clients’ vacation decision-making process is not based on price. At PURE we believe that
if a company is competing on price, it is because it is already selling a commodity whereas bespoke Experiential Travel does not need to
rely on pricing strategies because it is about enriching people’s lives via unique tailor-made experiences.
- Among the most sought after forms of experiences,
clients seek to:
gain cultural knowledge and connect with a different culture (40% on average)
connect with nature (20% on average)
embark on explorative adventures (15% on average)
reach self-discovery (10% on average)