Global travel discount card now available exclusively for volunteer travelers
International Volunteer card (www.volunteercard.com) has launched a new product that offers volunteer tourists with discounts on travel essentials from guide books to insurance, and 24-hour traveler assistance from anywhere in the world.
Voluntourism has surged in popularity among travelers of all ages. Gen Y and retirees alike are attracted such travel for the opportunity it provides to see the world and make a difference in the local communities they visit. According to the Adventure Travel Trade Association, 15 million (4%) of US travelers, have taken a volunteer vacation. In spite of the softening economic climate, this segment is growing three times faster than any other in the travel industry.
Now volunteer travelers can benefit from over 100,000 products and services offering up to 50% discounts with the International Volunteer Card. Sample savings include:
· International Airfare: discounts range across 13 major international airlines
· Domestic Airfare: 5% on all domestic US flights. (United Airlines)
· Travel Gear: 5% – 30% off Backcountry, Rockport, Avis, Eddie Bauer, Sports Authority
· Travelex Currency Exchange: No Exchange Fees (coming soon)
· Park and Fly: 50% off
· Travel Guide Books: 25% off Lonely Planet
· Passport and Visa Services: 20% off A Briggs
· Luggage and Travel Accessories: 5% – 25% savings at XSBaggage, Samsonite, Ebay
· Car Rental: 5% – 30% discount at Avis, Alamo, Hertz
· Electronics: 40% off Philips electronics
· Shopping: 10% savings at Target
· International Phone Card: $5 off eKit
Cardholders will benefit from 24/7 travel assistance from a dedicated service line. Whether they lose luggage, need emergency cash transfers, seek passport assistance, the Volunteer Travel claims team can help members with any travel issues no matter where they are in the world through a free collect call phone number.
The Volunteer Travel card also includes travel insurance coverage for all volunteer trips taken within the annual membership period – not just for a single trip. Travelers can select from a set of insurance coverage options upon purchasing the card.
Six Volunteer Travel cards with varying ranges of benefits and discounts are available. Prices range from $25 for a Basic individual card to $85 for a Premium family card. The cards are valid for purchases made in the US, and are good for one year, renewable annually. Visit www.volunteercard.com for more details and to apply for the card.
Volunteer organizations can join the Volunteer Travel card affiliate program and receive commissions for the number of cards that they sell. Affiliates will be provided with links to www.volunteercard.com to help drive traffic to their own websites. Volunteer organizations interested in becoming affiliates should call 877-865-6877 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.